I very much enjoyed colouring in these thumbnails, I cannot remember the last time I coloured something in!
- This was my first idea that inspired me to choose this article initially. I love the idea of having a brain in my image but since the brief requires a photoreal image to be submitted, I’m starting to think that this idea won’t end up working out.
- The second idea that I have is to incorporate a brain with sugar. My thumbnail shows sugar filling up the brain by falling of a spoon, kind of like a waterfall. With this concept I would be hoping to convey the concept of time a well, running out of time specifically. The way the sugar is falling into the brain looks like a sandtimer which is how I would show that aspect.
- Obviously with an article about sugar there has to be the sugary food component! I’m not entirely sure how I’m going to incorporate it as of yet since I have quite a few ideas in my head, but the predominant concept is to have it in the shape of a brain of inside the shape of a brain, but with the photoreal requirement really starting to dictate my work I believe I’ll have to rethink this idea.
- My chosen article discusses sugar’s effects on the brain being similar to that of drugs, so I had the idea of using a syringe to convey that. The idea of injecting oneself with sugar, which we do in a way when we crave sweet things, I think is a powerful message and the use of a syringe and sugar would help to convey this. There is sugar in the syringe and coming out of the syringe, and I’ve also put a few symbols of death and of first aid in the tube.
- My final thumbnail is one that I have thought of most recently, and is an image of a bloodshot eye with bags underneath and a dilated pupil. The pupil is reflecting a spoon with sugar pouring off it and making a huge mound of it on the ground. In terms of making a photoreal composition, I feel that this one will be the most achievable and compliant to the brief, but I’m not going to make any final decisions yet.